IIOO Expo presents a unique opportunity in several ways:
- IIOOExpo is the only International platform for the Optical Industry in South India
- 143 institutions providing Optometry as a primary eye care program in India
- 260 Ophthalmic Institutes
- There are 3000 Optical Retail Stores and 150 Wholesaler in Hyderabad itself where whole south India has around 16000+.
- Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Hyderabad and Chennai are the most populated and wealthiest cities in India
- Hyderabad has developed into one of the major hubs for the information technology and pharmaceutical industry in India.
- Hyderabad ranks 83rd in the List of richest cities in the world by GDP (PPP) with US$92 bn and fifth in India.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have jointly topped the 2016 all-India State/Union Territory-wise Ease of Doing Business rankings
- L.V Prasad Eye Hospital –second Best eye Hospital in indie.
- The retail industry in Hyderabad is on the rise. Many international and national brands have set up retail chains here.
- The Indian eyewear market is growing at around 30 per cent CAGR.
- The contact lenses market in India is growing at a CAGR of about 25 per cent.
- The contact lenses market is estimated at about INR 700 crore (USD 116 million)
- In addition to various colleges, the city is home to three central universities, two deemed universities, and six state universities.